London Marathon? Tick!


All done and dusted and have my medal to prove it! It was the most amazing experience and if you've ever thought, "maybe" and you have the time to follow even the Beginner's training plan like I did, go for it! 

On the day, the training plan kept me confident that I'd reach the end. Even when my knee ached like hell between miles 7 & 20! 

So I completed in 5 hours and 24 minutes. Not the fastest but hey, what else would you be doing on an autumn afternoon in London to pass the time? Plus you get to see the sights and the crowds are awesome! None more so than the last 2 or 3 miles as you come out of the tunnel at Blackfriars. Crowds cheering, music playing, all the way to the finish line. 

In fact, I got a blast of energy and whizzed the last 1-2 miles.
Yes, I did run more than the Marathon distance 🤣. Oh well, what's a mile between friends.

I've thanked everyone a hundred times as so many people kept me motivated. Even a notification to say I'd made it into the telly!

Look at me on the Beeb! And yes, I am being chased by giants!

It's been touch and go throughout whether I'd make it or not and if I hadn't started fundraising for charities I may have thrown in the towel. My latest totals are:

Super chuffed and thank you all once again. My GoFundMe pages are located here so you can see why they were chosen:

Alzheimer Society, www.gofundme.com/f/Craig50-campaign-for-alzheimers-society

- Shropshire Wildlife Trust, www.gofundme.com/f/Craigs-campaign-for-Shropshire-Wildlife-Trust 

- Telford Mind, www.gofundme.com/f/craigs-campaign-for-telford-mind  

- Turn2Us, www.gofundme.com/f/craig50-campaign-for-turn2us  

And finally, would I do it again? Probably. Not next year but I was brought up to, "Never say never!"


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Red Nose Day offer!

Last training run complete!